|Click on a CLIP links below to contribute to that CLIP.
Learn how to contribute to CLIPs here.
Learn more about CLIPs here.
Applications: from algorithms to UX
We will start with two application CLIP topics and see how they evolve:
1. Impacts of today’s app dev and distribution paradigms on business processes, startups and corporate structures.
2. Evolution of application development and app trends.
In general, this CLIP will discuss many aspects of applications, including software development, algorithms, user experience, design, mobile apps, new apps, new app ideas and innovation execution. I am only a hack programmer myself so go elsewhere for low-level analysis, although I’ll link to that type of content. Algorithms include both algorithms from a programming perspective and algorithms in general.
1. How will today’s application development frameworks, tools and capabilities change everything from higher-level business processes such as product development to the entire structure of corporate entities?
- Possible topics to include: open source, peer-to-peer, remote collaboration, GitHub, Kickstarter, big data, APIs, testing.
- Can Internet-age visibility, transparency and collaboration fix today’s current inefficient and ineffective structures of corporate governance, meetings and project management?
- Will crowd-sourced, peer-produced product development built around collaborative application development, change the nature of start-ups?
2. App evolution topics
- When is the time for life-changing mobile apps in healthcare, education, government, etc.
- When do all apps, especially mobile apps, provide data to aid Internet-age research. Does big data feeding APIs become *standard* for most apps?
- How will the delivery of mobile apps and the mobile web impact the outcomes?
- Role of operating systems, carriers, frameworks, search, social nets, etc. Evolution of Web as mobile platform (Mozilla, Boot to Gecko and HTML5).
- Now that voice and video are just packets over IP, communications will slowly be integrated with all other apps. Which use cases will accelerate this transition?
- What is the impact of frameworks like Twilio and standards like WebRTC.